A Few Things to Ask Your Window Company Before You Buy
Make sure to have answers to the following questions before you make up your mind:
- How long is the warranty? Is it transferable? Is it non-pro-rated?
- Does the company have WSIB Insurance to protect you from any liabilities?
- Check out the company's reputation. The company should have a solid reputation, financially in good standing and have a list of many satisfied customers.
- Does the company meet or exceed building code standards to ensure warranties are in effect. Are their windows CSA Certified?
- Are their windows Energy Star qualified? Energy efficient windows must meet certain criteria in order to pass. When comparing quotes, make sure that you are comparing warranties, installation guarantees, certified window vs. regular windows, etc.?
- After Sales Service: Does the company have a service department so they are able to send someone out quickly should you have a problem with your doors or windows?
- Are they members of any major associations like, Better Business Bureau, SAWDAC, (Siding and Window, Door Association of Canada)?
- What type of installation are you being quoted on?
Helpful Window Installation Terms
Retro fit – Installing windows into existing frame
Full frame out – Complete removal of the old frame windows, stud to stud. This will maintain or increase the original window size.
In today's market, more and more customers choose full frame outs to ensure better sealing and insulation of the windows. Retro fit installations allow you to get energy efficient windows at a lower price.
Easy Clean – Easy clean windows have a special coating on the exterior of the glass so dirt will not adhere to them as much and windows stay cleaner longer.
Get a Free Quote
Schedule your free in-home, no-obligation quote today.
We will not share your email. No spam.