How Do I Know When I Need New Windows?
We all dream of owning our own home. It's a wonderful feeling to have a place that you call your own; however maintaining a home is not an easy undertaking. With all of the daily tasks that come with the responsibility of owning a home, sometimes renovations get overlooked.
When was the last time you thought about your windows? Are they secure enough? Are they easy to open in the event of an emergency? Windows can play an important part in the safety of your family, so it is vital they work properly and are up-to-date. Energy efficient windows can also help reduce the cost of energy bills.
There are also functional and aesthetic advantages to replacing your windows, especially for older homes. It's important that your windows work properly, to keep you and your family safe. But you also want them looking nice. Deteriorating windows can make a home look aged and damaged, which affects the resale value.
What Are the Signs That It's Time for New Windows?
- Poor Performance: When windows get old, opening and closing becomes difficult or even impossible. Air leaks through cracks and condensation builds up between glass panes. You will notice your energy bill increases because your windows are not capturing solar heat like they should.
- Appearance: You may start seeing chipped paint, cracked glass or frame, peeling caulk or seal, or rot, mold and decay inside or outside windows. The design may simply be out of style and in need of an update.
- Effort: The glass doesn't sparkle and shine like it did when it was new, even after you clean it. If you need to replace parts, they are difficult or impossible to find because of how outdated the style is.
Whether you are looking to increase the value of your home, attempting to create a safer environment for your family, or trying to reduce energy costs, the best way to accomplish this is by replacing your old windows.
What Are the Benefits of New Windows?
The benefits of new windows greatly outweigh the costs. Your family will be more secure with windows that open and lock properly. The increased energy efficiency of your new windows will save you money on your energy bill throughout the year. In addition, your updated windows will look stylish and increase the value of your home.
- How to Choose the Right Energy-Efficient Windows for Your Home
- Using a new Front Door to Boost Curb Appeal
- How Glass Windows Are Made
- Spruce up Windows with Stylish Window Coverings
- How do I know when I Need New Windows
- Why You Should Upgrade to Vinyl Windows
- What does the colour of your front door say about you?
- 7 Creative Ways to Upcycle Your Window Shutters
- The Benefits of Energy Efficient Windows and Doors
- How to clean Windows and Doors for a Streak Free Finish
- Humidity and Window Condensation in Your Home
- Do I need a building permit to install my new windows?
- 2018 Front Door Buyer's Guide
- Northern Comfort Windows & Doors Receives HomeStars' Best of 2018 Award
- Northern Comfort first to market with next generation of Window Technology
- How to Avoid the 10 Window Buying Pitfalls
- New Doors and Windows Installation: The Benefit, Style and Features of French Doors
- Windows vs. Birds: Consider a Window Replacement with Northern Comfort
- Northern Comfort Windows & Doors Servicing Ontario Discusses Front Door Replacements
- 5 Reasons to Adore Patio Doors
- Why Updating Your Garage Door Should be Your Next Home Renovation
- Trust the Professionals: Why Window Installation Matters
- Why Cardinal Glass is Right for Your Window Replacement
- Trust Northern Comfort When It’s Time to Renovate Your Windows and Doors
- Do I Need to Replace My Wood Cottage Windows?
- Invest in Your Windows for Long-Term Savings
- 5 Ways Windows Can Lower your Air Conditioning Costs
- Aurora Homeowners: The Ideal Season to Change Your Windows
Get a Free Quote
Schedule your free in-home, no-obligation quote today.
We will not share your email. No spam.