Use Front Door to Boost Curb Appeal
Who doesn't want to boost their home's curb appeal? One of the easiest ways to do just that is by investing in a new front door. A modern, upgraded front door has the ability to increase your resale value while transforming your home's exterior from boring to beautiful. What's not to love about that?
Front doors seem to have an awful lot of swaying power when it comes to finding success after putting your house on the market:
- Most real estate agents feel a buyer's first impression starts at the front door
- Most buyers are looking for energy efficient (modern) doors in home listings
- Most real estate agents will advise sellers to update doors
- A recent study showed that a home enhanced with one of our brand-name doors (Therma-Tru) added to its perceived value by as much as five times the cost of the door itself
- In today's market, most home buyers are interested in saving money. They seem to place the most value in doors that will reduce bills by being energy efficient. Most doors that are manufactured today are just that—energy efficient (and therefore wallet-friendly).
The more sturdy and durable your door is, the more it is worth. In our harsh Canadian climate, weak and worn doors could crack, split, or rot. Don't even give your door that option. Durable doors won't let you down when the harsh winds blow and the rain comes pounding down. Fibreglass and steel doors (though a bit pricier) are a good option—they are strong and secure while being bold and beautiful:
- Fibreglass: Beautifully crafted, these energy efficient doors are easy to maintain. As a durable alternative to wood or steel doors, they are very well suited to Canada's unforgiving climate. They will not dent or rust—thus maintaining their original, natural beauty.
- Steel: Energy efficient, steel doors will save you major money on your bills. They will also withstand extreme weather so they won't need to be replaced.
Whether you want a front door that is energy efficient, bright and beautiful or simply more secure and easy to maintain, take the effort to spruce it up so that it will stand out. Don't shy away from trying to achieve a one-of-a-kind look with your new front door.
We offer an enormous selection of front doors that you can tailor to your needs. Browse around our site to pick your new front door—it's sure to become the envy of the neighborhood.
- How to Choose the Right Energy-Efficient Windows for Your Home
- Using a new Front Door to Boost Curb Appeal
- How Glass Windows Are Made
- Spruce up Windows with Stylish Window Coverings
- How do I know when I Need New Windows
- Why You Should Upgrade to Vinyl Windows
- What does the colour of your front door say about you?
- 7 Creative Ways to Upcycle Your Window Shutters
- The Benefits of Energy Efficient Windows and Doors
- How to clean Windows and Doors for a Streak Free Finish
- Humidity and Window Condensation in Your Home
- Do I need a building permit to install my new windows?
- 2018 Front Door Buyer's Guide
- Northern Comfort Windows & Doors Receives HomeStars' Best of 2018 Award
- Northern Comfort first to market with next generation of Window Technology
- How to Avoid the 10 Window Buying Pitfalls
- New Doors and Windows Installation: The Benefit, Style and Features of French Doors
- Windows vs. Birds: Consider a Window Replacement with Northern Comfort
- Northern Comfort Windows & Doors Servicing Ontario Discusses Front Door Replacements
- 5 Reasons to Adore Patio Doors
- Why Updating Your Garage Door Should be Your Next Home Renovation
- Trust the Professionals: Why Window Installation Matters
- Why Cardinal Glass is Right for Your Window Replacement
- Trust Northern Comfort When It’s Time to Renovate Your Windows and Doors
- Do I Need to Replace My Wood Cottage Windows?
- Invest in Your Windows for Long-Term Savings
- 5 Ways Windows Can Lower your Air Conditioning Costs
- Aurora Homeowners: The Ideal Season to Change Your Windows
Get a Free Quote
Schedule your free in-home, no-obligation quote today.
We will not share your email. No spam.