The Benefits of Energy Efficient Windows and Doors
High energy savings windows are specifically designed to trap the desired temperatures inside and keep out the heat, cold and humidity outside. These windows offer multiple-glazes, low-E coatings and of course, energy savings.
Most homeowners do not realize that a majority of their home's energy losses come from their windows. Outdated (especially single-pane) windows do not have the latest technology to increase savings by preventing air losses.
If you are thinking about updating your home's windows, you may feel that it is an expensive project. However, once you examine the benefits, you will see why it is a home improvement project worth investing in.
Why Invest in Energy Saving Windows?
Today, the latest windows and doors in Barrie come with energy-ratings. These high energy-efficiency windows are attractive, multiple paned and help insulate your home. Just some of the reasons you should consider them include:
Lower HVAC Costs
High energy savings windows reduce those peak cooling and heating loads. So in the dead heat of summer for example, you will notice your HVAC unit is not working as hard to keep the inside of your house nice and cool.
No more uncomfortable drafts while you sit by the windows – even in the harsh winters. High-efficiency windows make your home's interior more comfortable, no matter what the weather is outside.
Because the interior glass surface is warmer, you will not see frost in the winter or condensation because of the window's ability to control humidity.
Reduce Interior Fading
The sun's rays come through your windows and over time, can fade everything from paper to paint to carpeting and wood. With new, energy-efficient windows, you reduce the sunlight's intensity inside your home; thereby reducing interior fading.
Unlike special tinting film, energy-efficient windows operate without tint, which means better light and views.
Summer is the Best Time for Window Replacement in Barrie
While you can replace windows year-round, the best time is early summer. The temperatures are just right to install and adjust your high energy savings windows. Northern Comfort Windows and Doors Ltd. can help you save money on this summer's cooling costs and especially for next winter's heating costs just by replacing your windows.
- How to Choose the Right Energy-Efficient Windows for Your Home
- Using a new Front Door to Boost Curb Appeal
- How Glass Windows Are Made
- Spruce up Windows with Stylish Window Coverings
- How do I know when I Need New Windows
- Why You Should Upgrade to Vinyl Windows
- What does the colour of your front door say about you?
- 7 Creative Ways to Upcycle Your Window Shutters
- The Benefits of Energy Efficient Windows and Doors
- How to clean Windows and Doors for a Streak Free Finish
- Humidity and Window Condensation in Your Home
- Do I need a building permit to install my new windows?
- 2018 Front Door Buyer's Guide
- Northern Comfort Windows & Doors Receives HomeStars' Best of 2018 Award
- Northern Comfort first to market with next generation of Window Technology
- How to Avoid the 10 Window Buying Pitfalls
- New Doors and Windows Installation: The Benefit, Style and Features of French Doors
- Windows vs. Birds: Consider a Window Replacement with Northern Comfort
- Northern Comfort Windows & Doors Servicing Ontario Discusses Front Door Replacements
- 5 Reasons to Adore Patio Doors
- Why Updating Your Garage Door Should be Your Next Home Renovation
- Trust the Professionals: Why Window Installation Matters
- Why Cardinal Glass is Right for Your Window Replacement
- Trust Northern Comfort When It’s Time to Renovate Your Windows and Doors
- Do I Need to Replace My Wood Cottage Windows?
- Invest in Your Windows for Long-Term Savings
- 5 Ways Windows Can Lower your Air Conditioning Costs
- Aurora Homeowners: The Ideal Season to Change Your Windows
Get a Free Quote
Schedule your free in-home, no-obligation quote today.
We will not share your email. No spam.